If not… Sensible Choice can assist by providing a free consultation to assess the current, and future, requirements of your business or school and provide an overview of what will be required in terms of the new solution and work/time required to make the switch.
In the meantime, here is what you need to know;
- Copper based PSTN and ISDN network will begin shutting down in 2020 – with the aim of turning the network off entirely in 2025.
- The current plan is to stop installing or adding ISDN lines nationally in 2023, though this will come sooner in areas that have already achieved a high level of coverage with gigabit capable networks, starting in summer 2021 in certain areas of the UK.
- You should start making plans for the switchover and check when your existing telecoms contract and telephone system maintenance is due for renewal.
- Although you do have time to plan and implement the necessary changes, it’s possible that as time goes on those still using ISDN technology will notice support starting to dwindle as less ISDN – trained engineers are available to fix faults and availability of parts will decline. The quality of the network will without doubt decline.
- If the telephone is essential to your business, it will be worth not leaving the switchover until the last minute. Use the time to make a considered switch that may bring many benefits to your business and to make sure that the supplier you choose has the stability and technical expertise to support you.
- Using a provider such as Sensible Choice ltd. will make the process easier, we handle everything and take care of the porting process, as well as working with you to make sure minimal disruption to your school.
- Many businesses have already made the move; the sooner you start considering your options the sooner your business can take advantage of the benefits a VoIP solution can bring.
- The technology used for ISDN lines is outdated and is often quite costly compared to the modern alternatives.
This isn’t just a necessity, there are a host of benefits too;
- Schools and businesses utilising VOIP technology save on average 62% of current costs
- Scalability – Pay as you grow with no limitations
- Mobility – Connect from anywhere with a data connection
- Features – Enterprise grade features without the enterprise cost
- Agility – Provision services in real-time, flexibility when you need it
- Maintenance and phone warranty included
- Plain English speaking support team
- Call encryption ensures complete privacy
- Retain your existing phone numbers
- ISO 27001 Data-Centre Co-Location
- Custom user privileges
- Data centre footprint powered by 100% renewable energy
- Data centre ISO 14001 Environmental Standard and the Carbon Trust Standard
Book your free consultation with the experts
Get in touch with the Sensible Choice team to schedule your free consultation, solution demonstration or just to go over any questions you may have.